For more than 250 years, the Palace of Versailes and the Saint-Louis crystal works have carved out a friendship in crystal around The Table and, in doing so, have contributed to promoting the glowing reputation of France and its exceptional craftmanship. Four centuries in the making, the Palace of Versailles is a symbol in itself of the French art of living – the product of royal style and the expertise of the Crown's manufactures.
In 1767, Louis XV himself signed letters patent conferring the name of Saint-Louis on the glassworks, in honour of Louis IX, as well as the title of "Royal" manufacture and a coat-of-arms, a crown. This invisible thread has been reinforced over time and through crystal creations.
The Pottery Normand
Since the end of the 15th century St. Amande en Puisaye has been a placerenowned for its potteries - and indeed allacross the world. The Pottery NORMAND is the oldest manufacturer in St. Amande and is still producing today. Founded in 1736, this company, certified EPV (Business of Living History) is situated in the Nièvre area, in the heart of a pleasant village and near the stoneware museum.
Faïencerie de Gien
Two collections depicting Marie-Antoinette and engravings of the estate of Versailles are now available in the Palace's shops and on the online-shop. The Palace associated with La Faïencerie de Gien, famous for its know-how and for its high-quality products. Each piece is handmade in the Gien factory in Loiret.
You can visit the shop with a Palace entrance ticket, either coming from the Royal Courtyard or at the end of the Grand Apartments tour itinerary, at the bottom of the Queen's Staircase. The on-line shop proposes a selection of Ladurée products such as teas, jams and jellies and souvenirs bearing the brand's image.